Tuesday 20 June 2017

Style Must-Haves

I love fashion and everything associated with it. I love dressing up, coordinating my style and reading about fashion. When it comes to fashion there is no one more knowledgeable than I, the year peplums first came out, who invented the LBD and many other fashion trivia is at my fingertips, ready to impress everyone I know. When it comes to my wardrobe, I ensure that it is equally stylish with custom fitted shelves for my clothes, shoes and accessories. But no matter how stylish I get, I always remember to keep a few things in my closet to help me maintain my fashionable self. They are:

An electric iron: Why spend so much on expensive clothing when you are not going to wear them the right way? A good iron helps me keep my clothes looking fresh, crisp and helps my folds fall beautifully for maximum attention. If you purchase nothing else, then you should at least invest in a good electric iron.

A hairdryer: To keep your hair looking silky, smooth and to hold styles like curls and waves a good hair dryer is a must. A good hair dryer also helps you add volume to your hair and helps your straighten it without an iron.

A leather punch: Now this may sound obscure, but trust me, when you find that you have lost another inch and need to take in that belt, this is the tool to have, not the screwdriver you usually use.

Pre-threaded needles: Nobody’s got time to waste on threading needles. I keep needles threaded with threads of a few basic colours, white, black, grey and pink to reduce stress when it is one is 30 mins late and the shirt has popped a button.

Safety pins: Torn clothes? Popped buttons? Broken straps? All these tragedies can befall anyone and sometimes all on the same day, not that I am speaking from experience. 

Black sketch pen or sharpie: Nothing is more irritating than a scuff mark on a shiny black shoe. A sharpie helps me cover it up in a jiffy till I have time to better take care of the issue.

Lint-roller: As the proud mama of a two year old kitten, a lint roller is a blessing for days when I want to channel my inner Morticia.

Stain remover: Boy oh boy! Is it irritating to have a stubborn stain on one’s shirt! A stain remover pen gets it all out and that too without a fuss!

So that’s my list of must-haves for one’s wardrobe. While some of them are optional, some like the electric iron is a super must-have for anyone, even people who are not as fashion crazy as me.  It will not only change the way you carry yourself, but looking your very best can even boost your confidence and self-esteem. So keep yourself looking stylish, on-point and Insta-ready at all times with my simple tips! See you next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Style Must-Haves

I love fashion and everything associated with it. I love dressing up, coordinating my style and reading about fashion. When it comes to fa...