Friday 9 June 2017

How I Learned To Love Cooking

Make no mistake, I love food. Rich gravies, sinfully delicious pulaos and crisp parathas are what I live for. But what I hate is cooking, ok, not cooking but the process of cooking. I hate standing in the kitchen, sweating over the gas, unable to switch on the fan for fear of extinguishing the flame, while cooking up the next meal. Then there is the whole issue with the cylinders, keep an eye on their levels, order one before the previous one was over and the whole running around to get a new connection every time I changed homes. I had almost given up on the idea of cooking and was contemplating the idea of hiring someone to cook for me when I hit upon the solution by accident! An induction cooker!

Inductions cookers use electricity to help one cook food. When one switches on the cooker it creates an electromagnetic field with alternating current to produce heat. It is a very efficient process as the heat is transferred directly into the pan unlike conventional stoves that first convert the energy into heat and then transfer the heat into the pan, thus losing around 60% of the energy. With an induction cooker, upto 90% of the energy is transferred into heat so cooking becomes much faster! Compare that with only 40% in a conventional gas stove! No wonder I was sweating buckets! I was dealing with an inefficient system. Induction cooking is also safer as it only works when a pan is kept on it thus reducing chances of accidental burns. In fact, the only thing that does get heated is the pan itself, leaving the surface cool to touch. The glass top is also easy to clean, though the auto cut-off ensures that one does not have to deal too much with spills. 

But the best part about the induction cooker for me was that it does not transfer the heat into the surrounding and as it is flameless, I could merrily use the fan while cooking! No more sweating and wailing about the heat! I was ready to face the culinary world with the induction cooker by my side! After searching for quite some time I found a Bajaj induction cooker that was perfect for my needs and quickly brought it home to begin my culinary journey!

I danced into the kitchen, switched on the fan and put on some music to help me cook to my heart’s content and began cooking my favourite daal. Fortunately, my utensils were usable on induction cookers so I didn’t have to buy them as well! As the daal bubbled merrily, I let of a smile of pure satisfaction. Cooking was great again and I was determined to never stop! 

Nowadays it is difficult to drag me away from the kitchen! I love spending time there, thinking up new recipes to delight the palates of my loved ones, comfortable in the knowledge that my induction cooker will help me create it all with effortless ease.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Style Must-Haves

I love fashion and everything associated with it. I love dressing up, coordinating my style and reading about fashion. When it comes to fa...