Thursday 15 June 2017

Simple Hairstyles With A Hair dryer

My hair is the only thing that makes me incredibly vain. I inherited my thick, waist long tresses from my grandmother and I could not be more proud of it. I love the way they swish after a good shampoo and how they flow in the wind as I take my daily run. But lately I have been feeling a little unsatisfied with it, as I realised that my go-to hairstyle was becoming my only hairstyle. It was time for a change. 

                                       
Armed with the need to change things I went online and looked up a few simple tutorials to help everyone achieve a great look in a short time. All these hairstyles were simple, no fuss, and most all were a welcome change from my boring old ponytail or bun! Here are some of my tips you can try to shake up the way you do your hair.

  • The upside down blowout: Need to add volume to your hair in a jiffy? Flip your hair upside down, section it and dry it using a good hair dryer. I prefer my Morphy Richards hair dryer, but you can use whatever you feel comfortable with. 
  • Sea salt curls: Spray a little sea salt spray in your hair and set your curls with the diffuser. This is a great way to achieve those perfect beachy curls without a curling iron.
  • The quick wave: This one is so simple you guys! Just braid your damp hair, dry it with a hair dryer, untie, set with spray and voila! Super wavy hair with little to no effort at all!
  • The banging bangs: Remember to give your bangs some extra attention with your hairdryer. Use a blowdryer to give yourself some mysterious and sultry looking bangs.
Of course there are a few things to keep in mind while using a hair dryer like:
  • Use a heat protectant spray or serum if you frequently blow dry your hair
  • Clean your hair dryer regularly to avoid overheating.
  • Use a natural brush like a boar’s hair brush, not metal ones to avoid damage to your hair.
  • A round brush will give you curls and waves while a paddle brush will give you luscious straight hair.
  • Divide and rule: Always remember to section your hair when you blow-dry it for even drying and texture.
  • Use a cooler setting at the end for glossy shine
  • Keep your hairdryer moving constantly to avoid focussing on a certain section and damaging it.
  • Don’t dry wet hair. Dry it when it is damp instead.
  • Don’t use high heat all the time. 
  • Use a proper hairdryer like a Morphy Richards hair dryer.
I hope I have been able to show you how a simple hair dryer can shake up your hair game and give you a much needed change from your regular hairstyle. So what are you waiting for? Grab you hair dryer and get down to creating the most fabulous hairstyles and let me know how they worked out!

1 comment:

Style Must-Haves

I love fashion and everything associated with it. I love dressing up, coordinating my style and reading about fashion. When it comes to fa...