Sunday 11 June 2017

Making Mom’s Life Easier

I love my mom and more than that I suspect that I like cooking. My mother is a wonderful cook. No guest ever leaves our home without a plate of food and they almost always rave about the quality of her cooking. Her secret lies in using the freshest spices that she grinds herself right before cooking. She still swears by her old mortar and pestle, though now it hurts me to see her spend hours in the kitchen labouring over the stone in her advanced age. Deciding that things simply must not continue as they are, I decided to be the best child and gift her a mixer grinder this Mother’s Day.

As I headed online to buy a mixer grinder, I found many that would have suited me but the Morphy Richards mixer grinder caught my eye because of its sleek stylishness, my mom has a keen sense of style and this mixer would fit right into her kitchen. Just a few clicks and I was set to surprise my mom with what I hoped would be the best Mother’s Say gift ever! Gifting her the mixer grinder would also ensure she could have her favourite cold coffee right at home without trekking to her favourite cold coffee shop across town. Another added advantage would be that she could keep herself healthy by drinking milkshakes to increase her calcium, a must for a woman her age.
   
                                   
The wait ended and the mixer grinder arrived. Mom was initially shocked at the idea of with what she thought was an unnecessary expense, but when I sat her down and explained that the mixer was not only affordable but also a necessity, she agreed to give it a go. No sight can be more beautiful than that of my mother smiling at the sight of perfectly ground cumin made in her brand new Morphy Richards mixer grinder that she made in just a few minutes as compared to half an hour earlier. 

Now my mother and the mixer are best friends. She quickly learned how to use it and frequently surprises me with her creations, like a mouthwateringly good pesto that she made from scratch! Her calcium levels have also gone up as now I make her drink delicious smoothies, lassi and milkshake. And I cannot even begin to describe the smooth and silky textures of the gravies that she is making! And the meatballs? I don’t even have words! 

Contrary to her initial apprehension about the mixer grinder spoiling the taste of her cooking, I think my mother’s cooking tastes even better now that it isn’t flavoured by her backbreaking hard-work in the kitchen. In fact, I even overheard her telling her sister about the wonders of her new mixer grinder and advising her to buy it too! As you can well understand, my chest swelled with pride and joy at my mom’s happiness. I think i will teach her how to use a microwave oven next. That should be fun!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Style Must-Haves

I love fashion and everything associated with it. I love dressing up, coordinating my style and reading about fashion. When it comes to fa...